10 reasons you can’t miss the 2018 Empower Conference
January 2nd, 2018 / By: Shane Pruitt | Director of Missions / comments
As Empower Conference 2018 is quickly approaching, I wanted to share with you 10 reasons why you should be a part of this great two-day event at the Irving Convention Center on February 26–27.
1. 18 million lost people. This is how many people live in Texas who don’t know Jesus as Lord and Savior. It is imperative that we return to what is closest to the heart of God—him being glorified, lost people being found and disciples being made.
2. Only evangelism conference in Texas. There are a lot of great conferences out there, but what sets Empower apart from the others is that it’s returning to a true evangelism conference. I’ve asked every speaker and breakout leader to speak on something under the umbrella of evangelism.
3. It is for everyone. A common misconception is that this conference is preachers preaching to preachers. However, this year’s conference is for everyone. It is sure to be a time of refreshing for pastors, staff, volunteer leaders and frankly everyone in the church. I am confident that you will be challenged, inspired and encouraged.
4. Opportunity to network. This the conference that provides you an opportunity to network with a convention, other ministries, churches and people who are passionate about the gospel going forth so people can know Jesus.
5. Applicable breakouts. There will be 10 breakouts offered on Monday afternoon led by experts in their particular areas of ministry. Without a doubt, you’ll grab on to some things you can take back with you to your mission field.
6. Shane and Shane. No, I won’t be singing. Not from the stage anyway. But, two other men with the same names will be leading us in worship. Shane and Shane are incredibly anointed worship leaders who connect with all ages.
7. Historic Monday night. We’re looking to fill up the Irving Convention Center on Monday night! In addition to having Shane and Shane lead worship, Robby Gallaty, Bob Goff and J. D. Greear will be speaking. Our main session will be followed by a time with NY Times bestselling author Bob Goff. It will be a conversation on reaching the next generation with the gospel.
8. A Classic Luncheon and session to remember. The Classic Luncheon kicks-off Empower at 11:45 AM on Monday, and will feature nationally known Christian author, encourager and comedian Dennis Swanberg, followed by a Classic session from 1 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., featuring southern-gospel group, The Erwin’s, and speakers - Junior Hill, Herb Reavis, and Tom Elliff.
9. Jam-packed goodness on Tuesday. Tuesday is a full-day and evening of some of the best evangelistic speakers in the country, such as Robert Smith Jr., O.S. Hawkins, Jim Richards, Dennis Watson, Jon Akin, Ryan Fontenot and D.Z. Cofield.
10. Free iPads. Registration is open now. We want to help with networking opportunities for attendees and registration will help us do just that. In fact, the first 1,500 to pre-register and check-in at the conference will be eligible for a drawing to win one of four iPads. So, go register now at sbtexas.com/empower.
Can’t wait to see you there. Please, join me in praying now for an evangelism movement that will spark at the Empower Conference and spread across the world for the glory of God. We can’t stop until everyone knows the name of Jesus.